miércoles, 10 de febrero de 2010

THE RAVEN by the Simpsons




THE RAVEN by The Simpsons. Based on the poem by Edgar Allan Poe.



Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered,
weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of
forgotten lore
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there
came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my
chamber door
"Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my
chamber door
Only this and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak
December;
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost
upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;-vainly I had sought
to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow-sorrow for
the lost Lenore
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels
name Lenore
Nameless here for evermore.
And the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each
purple curtain
Thrilled me-filled me with fantastic terrors
never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I
stood repeating
''Tis some visiter entreating entrance at my
chamber door

This it is and nothing more.
" Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no
longer,
"Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness
I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you
came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my
chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you"-here I
opened wide the door;

Darkness there and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within
me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than
before.
"Surely," said I, "surely that is something at my
window lattice;
Let me see, then, what thereat is and this mystery
explore

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a
flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days
of yore; Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute
stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my
chamber door
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.


"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou," I said,
"art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from
the Nightly shore
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's
Plutonian shore!
" Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed
by an unseen censer
Swung by seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the
tufted floor.
"Wretch," I cried, "thy God hath lent thee-by
these angels he hath sent thee
Respite-respite and nepenthe from thy memories
of Lenore;
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this
lost Lenore!"
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore,"

"Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!" I
shrieked, upstarting
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's
Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy
soul hath spoken'
Leave my loneliness unbroken !--quit the bust
above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door''
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore,"

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
on the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber
door;
And this eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s
that is dreaming;
And the lamp-light over him streaming throws his
shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies
floating on the floor
shall be lifted-nevermore!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario